Notice of Street Closures for GeorgeFest Celebration
As we welcome residents and visitors to the 115th Annual GeorgeFest Parade and Festival, we would like to remind everyone of traffic pattern changes, closures and delays associated with this event.
The following streets will be closed for the Georgefest Carnival and Parade during the following dates and times:
- Sunday, Feb. 19 from 5 p.m. through midnight on Sunday, Feb. 26.
- McDonald Avenue (from Grove Street to Eustis Street)
- Eustis Street (from Clifford Avenue to McDonald Avenue)
- Friday, Feb. 24 from 6 a.m. through approximately 6 p.m. on Sunday, Feb 26.
- Ferran Park Drive (from Orange Avenue to McDonald Avenue)
- Magnolia Avenue (from Bay Street to Ferran Park Drive)
- Eustis Street (from Orange Avenue to Clifford Avenue)
- Magnolia Avenue (from Grove Street to Bay Street)
- McDonald Avenue (from Eustis Street to Bay Street)
- Saturday, Feb. 25 from 9 a.m. through 12:30 p.m.
- Taylor Avenue (between Bay Street and Morin Street)
- Quayle Avenue (between Bay Street and Morin Street)
- Morin Street (from Quayle Avenue up to the entrance of the parade)
- Bay Street/SR19 (from CR452 to Lakeview Avenue)
- During this time, Grove Street will be converted to two-way traffic.
- Bay Street will be reopened to thru-traffic once all parade entries have exited the street. Expect delays following the parade until normal traffic patterns are restored.
GeorgeFest vendors will be setting up in Downtown Eustis at 7:00 am on Friday, Feb. 24 and will be leaving after 5:00 pm on Sunday, Feb. 26.
Persons traveling through Eustis seeking to avoid traffic delays are encouraged to use the CR44 Bypass to the east especially on Saturday morning, Feb. 25 from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. during the GeorgeFest parade.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Lake Eustis Area Chamber of Commerce at (352) 357-3434 or the Eustis Police Department at (352) 483-5400. For GeorgeFest information and schedule of events, please visit www.facebook.com/GeorgefestEustisFlorida