Notice of Street Closures for African American Heritage Parade
As we welcome residents and visitors to the 24th Annual African American Heritage Festival and Parade on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, we would like to remind everyone of traffic pattern changes, closures and delays associated with the event.
The following City streets will be closed for the African American Heritage Parade during the following dates and times:
- Saturday, Feb. 18 from 9 a.m. to approximately noon
- Prescott Street (from Clifford Avenue to Bates Avenue)
- Bates Avenue (from Prescott Street to Wall Street)
- Wall Street (from Bates Avenue to Dixie Avenue)
- Dixie Avenue (from Wall Street to the end of the road)
- 24th Annual African American Heritage Parade Information:
- The Heritage Day Parade will begin at 10 a.m.
- The Parade route is as follows: beginning on Prescott Street, continuing east onto Bates Avenue, turning left onto Wall Street, turning left on Dixie Avenue on to the Eustis High School Curtright Campus.
- Lineup for the Parade may begin as early as 8 a.m.
- Residents living on streets adjacent to Bates Avenue along the Parade route may experience a brief travel delay while the Parade is en route.
- Residents living on Wall Street, Dixie Avenue and all streets connected to Wall Street may experience traffic delays upon the conclusion of the Parade.
- 24th Annual Heritage Day Festival Information:
- The Festival will be held in the field behind the Curtright Campus.
- The Festival will commence upon the conclusion of the Parade and will end at 5:00 p.m.
- Main access and parking for the festival will be at the north field entrance from Dixie Avenue.
For more event information, please contact the African American Heritage Committee at (352) 589-6448 or visit their website here.