City of Eustis
Last Modified: March 26, 2020
As Florida continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) within our state, it is important to remain calm, vigilant and informed about the virus. In an abundance of caution, Governor Ron DeSantis has authorized a public health emergency in the State of Florida allowing the State Health Officer to take any action necessary to protect the public health of its citizens.PDF Download
Gov. DeSantis Executive Orders:
March 17, 2020 - # 20-68 (PDF) regarding closures of bars, pubs, and nightclubs
March 20, 2020 - # 20-69 (PDF) regarding to local government meetings
March 20, 2020 - # 20-71 (PDF) regarding to bars, resturants, and gyms
March 24, 2020 - # 20-80 (PDF) regarding to anyone visiting from New York Tri-State area must self-quaratine for 14 days
March 25, 2020 - # 20-83 (PDF) regarding to measures for anyone 65 and older and people with underlying medical conditions to stay inside
Our county health department is your point of contact for any questions or concerns regarding the coronavirus.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please seek medical care; contact your health care provider by phone ahead of your visit and tell them about your recent travel and symptoms
- Contact the Lake County Health Department http://lake.floridahealth.gov/
352-771-5500, After Hours 352-250-7329, Fax 352-669-3166
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reminds everyone to practice proper hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then throw the tissue in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information about coronavirus, please visit the webpages below:
State of Florida Department of Health
Live updates on cases worldwide, please visit Johns Hopkins CSSE
CDC General Information
CDC Prevention and Treatment
CDC Frequently Asked Questions
CDC Guidance for Businesses
Updates from the World Health Organization